About Opening A Business

Conditional Use & Occupancy Permits

New businesses opening in Bayside must apply for a conditional use permit. The business must be approved by the Plan Commission and the Board of Trustee's prior to being granted an occupancy permit.

Please be aware that the building inspector and North Shore Fire Department must sign off on the occupancy permit before it can be issued. The occupancy permit allows the business to operate in Bayside. If you have any questions about opening a business in Bayside, please contact Village Hall.